This is a copy of our boarding contact you will have to fill out for you 1st booking. You can print it off and fill it out at home to save time at check in.
BOARDING Contract with
6397 Confederation Line,
Name of Pet _________________________________________________________________________
Sex:______________Birth month _______________Year:______________________________________
Does animal: Bite_____________Jumps____________Climb_____________Dig___________________
How is he or she with
Spayed or Neutered?:_________________
Date of last inoculations for:
Medical Problems, Allergies, etc.__________________________________________________________________________________
any Special Instructions:___________________________________________________________________________
In case of illness or emergency, call (vet or emergency contact) #):___________________________________________________________________________________
How did you hear about Confederation Kennels? ______________________________________________
This is a Contract between CONFEDERATION KENNELS and the pet owner whose signature appears below (hereinafter called "Owner").
1. CONFEDERATION KENNELS agrees to exercise reasonable care for the pet delivered by the Owner to Kennel for boarding, and to keep its premises sanitary and properly enclosed. It is expressly agreed by Owner and Kennel that Kennel's liability shall in no event exceed the lesser of the current value of a pet of the same species or the sum of $200.00 per animal boarded. The Owner further agrees to be solely responsible for any and all acts or behavior of said pet while it is in the care of the Kennel.
2. CONFEDERATION KENNELS does not assume and shall not be held responsible for any liability with respect to the pet listed in this agreement, of any kind whatsoever, arising out of or from the boarding of this pet, or any damages which may accrue from any other cause whatsoever, including loss by fire, theft, disease, running away, death, injury to persons, animals, or property, or death or injury to any other animal caused by the within named pet during the term of this contract.
3. Owner agrees to pay to Kennel the amount owed for the days booked
4. Owner further agrees to pay all costs and charges for special services requested, and all veterinary costs for the pet during the time said pet is in the care of the Kennel.
5. Owner further agrees that the pet shall not leave the kennel until all charges are paid to Kennel by Owner.
6. By signing this Contract and leaving this pet with Kennel, Owner certifies to the accuracy of all information given about said pet on contract above.
7. Owner specifically represents that he or she is the sole owner of the pet, free and clear of all liens and encumbrances and that the pet has not been exposed to distemper, parvo, rabies, or Kennel Cough within the last 30 days.
8. If pet(s) becomes ill or if the state of the animal's health otherwise requires professional attention, the Kennel, in its sole discretion, may engage the services of a veterinarian or administer medicine or give other requisite attention to the animal, and the expenses thereof shall be paid by the Owner.
9. All charges incurred by Owner shall be payable upon pick-up of pet, or when billed by Kennel at address listed on contract. The Kennel shall have, and is hereby granted, a lien on the pet for any and all unpaid charges resulting from boarding pet at the kennel. The Owner hereby agrees that in the event the boarding charges are not paid when due in accordance with this contract, the Kennel may exercise its lien rights upon ten days written notice given by Kennel to Owner by certified mail to address shown on contract. Kennel may dispose of pet for any and all unpaid charges, at private or public sale, in the sole discretion of the Kennel, and Owner specifically waives all statutory or legal rights to the contrary. If such sale shall not secure a price adequate to pay such costs of board or other charges delinquent, plus costs of sale, then Owner shall be liable to Kennel for the difference. All monies realized by Kennel at such sale, over and above the charges due and costs of sale, shall be paid by Kennel to Owner.
10. This Contract contains the entire agreement between the parties. All terms and conditions of this Contract shall be binding on the heirs, administrators, personal representatives and assigns of the Owner and the Kennel for this visit and for all subsequent visits.
11. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this contract, or the breach thereof, or as the result of any claim or controversy involving the alleged negligence by any party to this contract, judgment upon the award rendered by an arbitrator may be entered in any Court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall, as part of his award, determine an award to the prevailing party of the costs of such arbitration and reasonable attorney's fees of the prevailing party.
12. Dogs may-be photographed for our website or other forms of publicity
1. Up to date Vaccination records
2. Good quality collar and leash it is required to get your dog in and out of the kennel.
3. Enough food for the stay with directions
4. Toys and treats
5. Washable bedding
6. Your pet/s that are staying :)
can't forget them
Q. Will my dog be with other dogs?
A. Yes, but only with those that get along. On occasion some dogs don't like each other so they will not be mixed.
Q. Can we come out to see the kennel before we book?
A. Absolutely, we encourage it and you are welcome to bring your dog along, we would love to meet them too!
Q. How often do they go outside?
A. Their day starts at 7:30 and they are let out to play every few hours. In the warm weather they go out in their own run when ever they want and let out into the play areas every few hours. The last time they are let out is 9:00 p.m.
Q. Do you play music or let them watch tv?
A. We do have a radio that plays all day. We feel too much TV isn't good and we would rather they spend their time socializing with their friends and playing outside.
Q. How often do you clean?
A. We never clean. Just kidding! Every morning the kennels are cleaned out and the kennel is moped at night. We also powerwash the kennels a couple times a week giving it a good soaping.
Q. How much is it to walk the dogs?
A. $2.00 per walk, they are about 15 min. when the weather permits. We can take them out in the morning and nights around the property. Having two kids helps get the job done and they love doing it.
Q. Do you take cats?
A. We do take cats in our office in a 4x6 kennel. We only have two spot as of now. So we can only take two families at a time.
Q. Does someone live on site?
A. Yes this is our home.
Q. What is the kennel like?
A. We have kennels that are 4x6 and a couple of larger ones 6x10 indoor and they are connected to an outdoor run. All the kennels have two windows one on top of the other. They can see all around them. The dogs can all see each other. I find this helps them. There is not too much barking when they can see whats going on beside them. However we also have 4 privacy kennels available for some of the less social ones. We have two out door play areas. We have a bathroom for those that need a toilet but so far most of them prefer the great outdoors.
Q. How do you charge and how can I pay?
A. We charge by the day and we accept cash, cheque with ID or E-transfers. So if you drop off Friday am and pick up Monday afternoon it is a 4 day charge, if you drop of Friday am and pick up Monday before 10:00 am it is a 3 day charge.
Q. What animal do you take?
A. All animals dogs, cat, guinea pigs etc...
Q. Do you groom?
A. We do bath and brush but for those special cuts and style we would be happy to make recommendations to you.
Q. What if they get sick while they are with you?
A. If we are not sure what is going on we will contact you and bring them to your vet. If your vet can not see them, we will bring them to our vet of choice, Dr. Robinson on London Road. At your cost.
Q. Do you have discounts for multiple dogs?
A. Yes visit the rates tab, all the info is there.
Q. Do you have set hours or can I just come when ever?
A. We do have "set hours" sorta. You do need to set a time for drop off and pick ups.Our kids have baseball and school stuff. We have meetings, church etc and a life too. We prefer early morning and late afternoon/early evenings. Our time we are closed for drop off and pick ups is Sunday between 9:00 am and 12 noon. We still board but you would have to pick up or drop off before 9 am or after 12 noon as this is our time for church and family.
Q. Do you like referrals?
A, We hate referrals! Just kidding again word of mouth is our best advertising! Please tell all your friends and family about us. We are here for the long hall. :)